The USDA recently announced that farmers, ranchers, and private forest landowners can now work with the National Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) online. The new Conservation Client Gateway permits producers to work with conservation planners online to access Farm Bill programs, request assistance, and track payments for conservation activities. Now, instead of a trip to your local USDA service center, you can fire up your computer and log on to the Gateway.
The Gateway can be used to:
- Request NRCS technical and financial assistance;
- Review and sign conservation plans and practice schedules;
- Complete and sign an application for a conservation program;
- Review, sign and submit contracts and appendices for conservation programs;
- Document completed practices and request certification of completed practices;
- Request and track payments for conservation programs; and
- Store and retrieve technical and financial files, including documents and photographs.
Currently, the Gateway is limited to individuals but will soon be expanded to included business entities, such as limited liability companies.
To get started with the Gateway, you will need to have:
- An individual Service Center Information Management System (SCIMS) record with a primary email address that is linked to your Level 2 eAuth account.
- A USDA Level 2 eAuthentication (eAuth) account that is linked to your SCIMS record.
More information about getting started is at the link.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us — we’re happy to help!