September Clinic Dates

Free clinics are available through the Farm Mediation program and Legal Aid of Nebraska.   In these clinics, participants can get one-on-one advice from financial and legal professionals about farm transition and financial issues.  The dates for September 2016 are:

Grand Island – Thursday, Sept. 1st

Fairbury – Friday, Sept. 9th

North Platte – Thursday, Sept. 8th

Norfolk – Friday, Sept. 16th

Lexington – Thursday, Sept. 15th

Norfolk – Tuesday, Sept. 27th

Please call the Rural Response Hotline 1-800-464-0258.

CRP Acres in Four Nebraska Counties Now Eligible for Emergency Haying and Grazing

(LINCOLN, Neb.) Aug. 18, 2016 — U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Nebraska Farm Service Agency (FSA) Executive Director Dan Steinkruger today announced four counties have been authorized for emergency haying and grazing use of Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) acres due to drought.
The following counties are approved for emergency CRP haying until Aug. 31, 2016, and for grazing through Sept. 30, 2016: Adams, Franklin, Kearney, and Webster.
“Nebraska FSA is making every effort to offer assistance for farmers and ranchers during this tough production year. Emergency haying and grazing can help relieve the burden of losses suffered due to the severe weather Nebraska is experiencing in these counties,” said Steinkruger.

The CRP emergency haying and grazing authorization for 2016 went into effect for these counties over the past week.

Producers who want to hay or graze their CRP contract acres must sign up and receive approval from their local FSA office prior to any emergency haying or grazing activities commencing and must work with the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to ensure an amended conservation plan is in place.
To take advantage of the emergency haying and grazing provisions, authorized producers can use the CRP acreage for their own livestock or may grant another livestock producer use of the CRP acreage. CRP participants can donate, but are not allowed to sell, the hay.
Steinkruger adds, “There is no payment reduction for CRP acres used for haying and grazing under these emergency provisions. However, participants are limited to one hay cutting.”
For questions, contact your local FSA office or visit Nebraska Farm Service Agency online at

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (866) 632-9992 (Toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339 (Local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).