Free clinics are available through the Farm Mediation program and Legal Aid of Nebraska. In these clinics, participants can get one-on-one advice from financial and legal professionals about farm transition and financial issues. The dates for October 2016 are:
- October 6- Grand Island
- October 12- Norfolk
- October 13- North Platte
- October 20- Lexington
- October 25- Fairbury
- October 31- Norfolk
Please call the Rural Response Hotline 1-800-464-0258 to register.
Highlights from Nebraska Farm Services Agency concerning the recent disaster declaration news release:
- The US Department of Agriculture recently designated Kearney County as a primary natural disaster area due to the recent drought.
- Adams, Buffalo, Franklin, Harlan, Phelps and Webster are contiguous and therefore qualify for natural disaster assistance.
- Farm or ranch operators that meet eligibility requirements are eligible for low interest emergency loans from FSA.
- The deadline is eight (8) months from September 29, 2016, to apply for loans to help cover part of actual losses.
- FSA considers each application on its own merits, taking into account:
- extent of losses;
- security available; and
- repayment ability.
- There are other programs available to help eligible farmers to recover from adversity.
For further information on the designation or other disaster resources available, contact your local FSA offices or go to http://disaster.fsa.usda.gov.
For the full original new release, please go to http://www.fsa.usda.gov/state-offices/Nebraska/news-releases/2016/stnr_20161003_rel_394.