Highlights from Nebraska Farm Services Agency concerning the recent disaster declaration news release:
- The US Department of Agriculture recently designated Kearney County as a primary natural disaster area due to the recent drought.
- Adams, Buffalo, Franklin, Harlan, Phelps and Webster are contiguous and therefore qualify for natural disaster assistance.
- Farm or ranch operators that meet eligibility requirements are eligible for low interest emergency loans from FSA.
- The deadline is eight (8) months from September 29, 2016, to apply for loans to help cover part of actual losses.
- FSA considers each application on its own merits, taking into account:
- extent of losses;
- security available; and
- repayment ability.
- There are other programs available to help eligible farmers to recover from adversity.
For further information on the designation or other disaster resources available, contact your local FSA offices or go to http://disaster.fsa.usda.gov.
For the full original new release, please go to http://www.fsa.usda.gov/state-offices/Nebraska/news-releases/2016/stnr_20161003_rel_394.