Date- Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Time- 10:00am- noon
Location– Hall County Extension Office, Grand Island
The workshop will cover Farm Service Agency livestock disaster programs, direct and guaranteed loan programs, and NextGen (Nebraska Beginning Farmer Tax Credit Program). It is intended to be useful for established farm and ranch owners, their successors, and for beginners.
To register or for questions, call the Rural Response Hotline at 1-800-464-0258.
- FSA livestock disaster programs
- Livestock Forage Program (LFP)
- Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP)
- Emergency Livestock Assistance Program (ELAP)
- FSA loan programs
- both direct and guaranteed operating and ownership loans including those programs targeted at beginning farmers and ranchers\
- micro loan program
- the recently expanded farm storage facility loan program
- Will address some issues that arise under these programs when farm and ranches use limited liability entities as part of their business and/or succession planning
- Benefits and requirements of NextGen (Nebraska Beginning Farmer Tax Credit Program), including requirements for use by family members.
- Joe Hawbaker, Agricultural Law Attorney, Hawbaker Law Office, Omaha
- Amy Swoboda, Food & Farm Attorney, Beginning Farmer Project, Legal Aid of Nebraska
These workshops are made possible through the Nebraska Network for Beginning Farmers & Ranchers and the Beginning Farmer Project of Legal Aid of Nebraska under an outreach grant from the Farm Service Agency, USDA.