I’ve been driving around Nebraska this week and I have to say — I love fall. The crispness in the air, the harvest coming in, fresh apples. But winter feels like it is rapidly approaching. Before winter happens though, some possible items to keep you warm:
- CRP, direct payments, and ACRE payments are being issued by FSA.
- First conference meeting of House and Senate to discuss Farm Bill is October 30, 2013.
- The Census of Agriculture is delayed; it was due on February 4, 2014 but a new release date has not been set.
- Some fascinating background on the Nebraska Brand Committee. The long and short of it — follow the law.
- The IRS has released the list of counties eligible for another year of livestock deferral.
- Three additional community gatherings for South Dakota ranching families.
- The SEC has released its proposed crowdfunding rules.
- Printing chocolate in 3D. You read that correctly.
- If you can’t get your hands on a 3D chocolate printer yet, you can always try your hand at these Halloween Chocolate Lollipops.